Monday, September 20, 2010

Bridestorm

Hello world,

This past weekend we went to a friend's wedding and it was fabulous. It showed me that all the little finniky things that I would worry about don't matter all that much - that only my mum and any future brides would even take notice of a lot of the details that I might spend hours fussing over. Because Paul and Julie are sensible practical people, not crazy high-strung overthinkers like me, and I thought their day was so lovely. I guess it just reminded me that the big picture is what's important.

Planning a wedding is such a big part of the fun (and heartache) leading up to the big day. As I was walking to the station this morning I was thinking about something I'd like to do shortly after I get engaged: a bridestorm. I am positive the concept is alive and breathing around the world, but I feel the need to blog it as though it is a new innovation.

It's about bringing together all the girls (and any guys who are willing!) to start chit-chatting about wedding ideas. Getting mums and aunts and sisters and married friends and unmarred friends to bring along their ideas and things they love and things they know didn't work and flipping through bridal magazines and putting up all sorts of wedding blog ideas on the TV while we drink champagne and munch down with no concern for diet sounds like a lot of fun to have with a bigger group than the bridal party and long before the hens night or even the bridal shower. The best part is everyone can feed off each other for great ideas but with the big group you're not under the pressure to agree to everyone's suggestions - it's an opportunity to share ideas before you commit to any.

What do people think of this concept? Is it a good idea or am I stepping on the toes of the bridal shower?

~Eyespiral

0 comments:

Post a Comment