Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dorothy Gale/Judy Garland costume

Hello world,

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

Yes, for my work xmas party the theme is superheroes and movie stars, and I am going as Judy Garland in the guise of Dorothy Gale from The Wizard of Oz. I just finished my costume:


Ah I love it! Costume making is the best. :)

So how did it all come together?















I finished Toto yesterday. I decided not to get a basket until I was sure what size he would turn out. I have some extra gingham left over, so next weekend I'm going to take him for a walk to the op shops around Sutherland to find a picnic basket that's the right size for him, and then I'll line it with the gingham. Perfect!

So, do y'all think I'll win the best dressed contest?



~Eyespiral

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love it... I want to make a Dorothy dress this year for Halloween and stick my own pooch in a fake fur sweater (he doesn't mind if it's cold enough, he is a Chi-mix)
    This post was a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete